Why have Personal Training?
I know first hand how being fit and well can make every area of your life better!Here are some of the things you will get from me as your trainer:
- Support and encouragement, to help you achieve more than you think you can
- Mental techniques, such as building focus, confidence and overcoming obstacles, and how to transfer this from the gym into every area of your life
- Ongoing discussion to ensure you are getting exactly what you need from your training programme
- Advice on how to fit exercise into your lifestyle
- Nutritional advice and recipe ideas
- Variety or repetition in your training programme, whichever best suits your requirements
- Fun and creative workouts
- Monitoring and measuring your progress
- Revisiting and revising your goals
- Listening to your goals, concerns and feedback
- Training plans and tips, for example to improve your running and triathlon performance
At your initial, free consultation, I will listen to what you want to achieve. I take a holistic approach to training you. We will discuss areas of your life outside of the gym, such as nutrition, sleep, relaxation, habit change and anything else that might affect your body's response to exercise. Each session will be planned for you in advance, tailor-made to your current level of ability and designed to progress you towards your goals. You will learn how to structure your training plan and the safe techniques to use to keep you injury-free.